Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fuzzy - Flashlight

(Seed, 1994)

Oh criminy. Craven, contrived alt-powerpop for dummies (on an Atlantic-affiliated label) that goes as far as sticking a broad who does an uncanny Kim Deal impression on the mic. The two non-LP songs on the B, “Thurber” and “Country Song,” introduce some shitkick/drawl elements that are marginally more interesting than the heard-it-before cash-in of the A-side, and I’ll admit to not minding the latter’s casual backroads swing. Too little, too late, though; I’m ultimately left wondering whether, if I was in college in 1994, I would have been enough of a simp to actually fall for this silliness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as someone who was in college in 1994 and owned this seven inch, i can tell you that yes, you certainly would have fallen for their schtick.

Anonymous said...

... and as someone who was despirately looking for the succession to 90's metal, I loved it ...